- The patient is expected to provide, to the best of their knowledge, accurate and complete information about their present complain, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to their health.
- The patient is expected to cooperate with the planned care and treatment at the Center.
- The patient is expected to be aware of and sensitive to the needs of other patients, and respectful of the property of other patients, and be respectful of all healthcare providers and staff.
- The patient has the responsibility to meet financial obligations to the Center and the physician for the services rendered.
- The patient's activities must be consistent with the policies and procedures of American Surgery Center that relate to patient care and conduct. The patient and any accompanying members are expected not to engage in any activity which is in violation of those policies and procedures.
- Any patient that does not follow the plan of care prescribed for their surgical procedure, or that does not adhere to these Patient Responsibilities, may be dismissed from care at this Center.
- The patient is expected to provide a responsible adult to transport him or her home from the facility and remain with him or her for 24 hours, if required by his or her provider.
- Inform his or her provider about any living will, medical power of attorney, or other directive that could affect his or her care.